Sunday, March 9, 2014

Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast

I've seen a variation of this as "Mississippi Pot Roast" on Pinterest, and it is, honestly, where I got the inspiration. Most of these pot roast recipes call for pepperoncini or sliced pickled jalapenos, but I am pepper shy, so I decided to change it a little, to suit my tastes.

When I took the first bite of this version, I seriously made involuntary yummy-sounds. You know something is good when you can't help but groan in appreciation.




What you'll need to serve 4-6 people:





3 pound chuck roast
1 packet of powdered Ranch Dressing mix
1 packet of Au Jus Gravy mix
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 large sweet onion, sliced thin
1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter

You'll also need:
6 quart slow cooker
Slow Cooker Liners (optional, for easy clean up)
Some starch to serve your roast with (mashed potatoes, grits, rice, egg noodles, whatever you like best!)

Put your liner in your slow cooker and then put your thinly slice onion on the bottom.



Put your chuck roast in the slow cooker on top of the onions.



Sprinkle the top of the meat with Au Jus Gravy packet. I like to even it out because I want the whole roast flavored with delicious.



Then do the same with your Ranch packet.


Pour over the 1/4 cup of white vinegar.



Top with a stick of butter, 


then cover (with your janky jerry rigged lid) and cook for about 8 hours on high.


Your meat should shred easily when it is cooked through. Now put that succulent meat joy on some mashed potatoes, or maybe some buttery grits... pour on some extra gravy...


And enjoy the involuntary yummy-sounds!


It's even better reheated the next day!


No comments:

Post a Comment